The Surname-Village Database contains the surnames and villages that EEGS members are researching. Members are welcome to submit their data for
inclusion in the database.
The primary advantage of submitting your names and villages is that Google
indexes this database. This means your surnames and villages will turn up in
Google searches thereby allowing other researchers from all over the world
researching those same surnames and villages to find you. Some members have had
great success with finding distant relatives this way.
The process …
- Complete the form you find here to submit your data.
- The database administrator(s) will review your data and if necessary, attempt to include official place name spellings for a
particular country and time period. *
- The database administrator(s) will assign you a member ID number that will appear in the database along with your surnames /
villages information. Your contact information will NOT appear anywhere in the on-line database.
- When someone requests your contact information, they must first provide their full name and mailing address. If they do not
do this, they do NOT receive your contact information. When your information is forwarded on to the interested party, you
will also receive their contact information.
* Given that most of our members are searching for records earlier than World War I, the names of the districts, provinces, and countries
recorded in the database are standardized to those that were official up to World War I. This maintains consistency so that all entries for a given district will appear in search results when one searches by district